June 2020


Photo taken at Parrot Mountain & Gardens

June 3, 2020

Good morning everyone.  

My family and I just returned from our vacation to the Smokey Mountains.

  Our reservations were made last September and after the pandemic began we were unsure if we would be able to go and played it by ear.  Tennessee opened up and IL was opening to the next stage as we left so we packed our masks, our hand sanitizers and Clorox wipes and practiced social distancing.  
Many places in TN were still closed.  It was not business as usual as before the pandemic...there was much caution and mindfulness.

Then everything went from bad to worse...as we returned to rioting, looting, and burning.

It makes taking pictures and sharing pictures pretty unimportant
It feels remiss of me not to address this with all of you.

My husband and my son are law enforcement officers.  Their vacations are ending and they're going back on duty in an extremely volatile time.  I've been reading online that the Carbondale IL mall was burglarized and looted as well as the Sally's across the street.  I'm watching the news and seeing terrible things happening in St Louis MO.  

What terrible times we are living in.

That said:

CLIENTS
I am going to be using this blog as a place to share personal photos and stories over the summer.

Due to the current times and personal life changes, I will not be scheduling Summer mini sessions. I will be accepting a limited amount of private sessions.

If you're interested in booking a private session with me, please message me on my Facebook page to check for availability.

I thank all of you for choosing me as your photographer.  Long time clients...many of you have become my friends and family!  You have truly enriched my life and made me a part of your family and your memories and milestones are mine also.  

I'm not closing my business BUT I am taking a break. 
2020 has been a very difficult year for all of us.

Stay safe everyone!

    



































Comments