BIG NEWS

 Good morning everyone!

BIG NEWS for me:  I'm currently in classes to become a LICENSED BIRTH DOULA!

I'm very excited about this new journey!

What is a doula?  

A birth doula is a trained labor coach who assists you during labor and delivery.  They provide you with continuous emotional support, as well as assistance with other non-medical aspects of care.  They provide guidance that will help to make informed decisions about birth options and resources.  While a doula will never make decisions on your behalf, a doula can also serve as a liason and communicate your wishes with the rest of the birthing team.

Why am I doing this? 

And why am I sharing this with you?

My daughter is pregnant!  Due to covid, I was not going to be allowed to be in the room with her during delivery and she wants me to be there and she was told that only her husband and a licensed doula could be with her.

So, you know me...I will do whatever it takes to be in that room with my girl! So here I am doing it.  

Birth Photographers now also must be certified doulas as well.

So I will be able to continue to do Birth Photography for clients during these crazy days of covid.

I am not scheduling any photography at this time.  

I won't be offering any services or booking any appointments until next year.  

More info to come, and watch my personal FB page and Ista for more details.

.













Comments