Polar Express Galleries Update

Good morning everyone!

It's 6am and I'm at my kitchen table editing photos!


Polar Express Clients
Oh my gosh, you guys...these images are turning out SO cute!  I can't wait to share the galleries with everyone. This year, I've tried something different...I've been holding on to all the photos, so I can share everyone's gallery the same day. 

 In the past, I've shared galleries as soon I finished each one and it seems like as soon as one gallery was released, and the client shared photos, it made the clients who had not received their own gallery yet more anxious.  I don't like that.  

HOWEVER!

I had a lot of Polar Express Clients, so I'm going to be releasing half the galleries this morning and the rest of the galleries throughout the week.

I just had too many to do! 

My photography business has been a learning experience for me.  I'm always trying something different to try to give all of you a better experience.  

This year in 2020, I'm going to keep a blogging calendar so I can keep you all up to date and answer more of your questions.  

For my clients that are new and don't know me as well...I do work a full time job as well as run my photography business.  I schedule client appointments in the evenings during the week and on weekends.  But I also need time to edit and I do that in the early morning before I go to work.  And in the evenings while I'm on the couch enjoying my shows & my family.  

What happens during the editing process?

1.  Selecting the photos to go into the gallery.  This takes the longest for me, because I tend to overshoot and I typically have 150-200 images from a 30 minutes session.  Even more with younger children who are moving quickly and I'm shooting extra to catch that quick smile. I would rather have too may pictures to go through than miss anything cute!  But it takes some time to go through and pick the 20-25 photos that you will see in your gallery.   

2.  Cropping and straightening.  This is so important! If pictures are not cropped correctly, they don't print correctly.  Parts of your photo will be cut off when you try to crop certain sizes.  Some photographers do not pre crop and you'll find out when you try to print, that you can't print to certain sizes.  Mine are cropped so that you can print to all the sizes and they are hi resolution so you can print large as well. 

3.  Removing things off of the face.  I automatically remove scratches, blemishes, blotchy skin, stray hairs, food, and runny nose crusties off of faces.  This takes time.  Often these small things aren't seen at the time the photo was taken but once I have them on the computer its very obvious.  Removing a hair across the face in 25 pictures slows down the editing process.

4.  Then the actual edit!  I shoot pictures in a format call RAW, which is a digital negative.  I develop the RAW photos in Photoshop.  After photos are developed, I enhance the color to my signature look. Which is clean, classic & bright.   And then I may add some Photoshop magic or get crazy and include black and whites or other special edited photos.

5. And then finishing touches.


Thank you everyone for being patient with me!







Comments